Monday, November 07, 2016

Halloween Fun, A Bit Late

Hi everyone,

We've had a busy latter part of October. And I'm just now getting our Halloween pics up. I know, I know. But hey, it's before Thanksgiving, so that's a step in the right direction!

And...I'm not doing things out of order like the stores seem to be doing. I half expected Halloween candy to go on sale on Oct. 20th here since Thanksgiving and Christmas started creeping in to the stores.

Ridiculous. Each holiday has its own month. Leave it at that!

Okay, enough of a rant. *steps off soapbox*

This Halloween, we did the traditional pumpkin carving. I poked it out and Mr. K did the carving cause he's more patient with the little things than I am.

Mr. K was pretty happy with the design he found. "Here there be dragons."

Mochi would not move from the picture, so you get a blazé dog in there too. Sorry guys.

We then suited up in our costumes. We missed Trick-or-Treat on Main Street this year, but that's okay, because we went to the Pumpkin Glow.

Which is less crowded and has less candy (which I can't have)


Can you guess what we are?

Maybe this will help? 

Yup. Red Riding Hood, the Huntsman, and the terrified wolf (aka: Mochi)

What is the Pumpkin Glow?
Great question.

It's an event where anyone who wants can submit their carved pumpkin to be on display for the town to see and then they light them when it gets dark. We didn't go when it was very dark though. As with most town events, crowds happen and Mochi is still working on dealing with that large of numbers.

Parades are fine though. Go figure.

Anyway, it was a great night for it. Perfect weather, clear skies. And my phone was charged.
Small benefit of having a better camera on the new phone. :-)

Here are some of our favorites from the evening.

The cat-kins

Love the owl and the paw print (UCONN! Huskies!)

I believe that might be Serenity on one pumpkin, but I was amused by the painted one.

Not easy to do a tower of pumpkins, but Jack Skellington
at the top was awesome.

A couple single pumpkins stood out.

This one's for my mom. Dolphins!

For all you cat lovers out there, and for Mr. and Mrs. P
in CT, this one's for you!

Gotta have a bunny. Miss O, Miss A, and Mr O, this is Moose.

This one was really cool and had different lights on inside. I tried to get a pic of it in its full glowing glory, but alas, it was not meant to be. Believe me though, this one rocked the lights. Disco Graveyard.

This one is gorgeous. I remember the painting in my HS English class and have
 always had a special place in my heart for the sheer emotion it conveys.

And Halloween is not complete without a werewolf or Lycan.

We wandered through some more and then we came to the specially carved ones and that's where I was blown away by the town's talent.

This is apropos since my family comes from a long line of Navy guys. And especially with the latest win over Notre Dame. Go Navy! 

Lest we forget what season we truly are in... VOTE!

But this one is my fave. I love the nod to our state and our parks and the culture.

Another parks nod. Just beautiful. Love the Southwest!

They even had a light glow with strobe lights and music and a floating ghost.


 It was getting dark and due to the construction on our main street, there were no real streetlights. So, we decided it was time to head home.

Mr. K lit our jack o' lantern and we were pretty happy with how it turned out.


And our loyal hound decided to stand guard just for a minute outside and protect our home from the terrors of the neighborhood...rabbits.



So with that I leave you to enjoy your fall and get ready for Thanksgiving. I'm sure I'll have a nice post after the holiday.

Until next time,
Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment